What is COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
COVID-19 (coronavirus) is deeply feared all over the world, and confirmed patients are found in many countries and regions. By 2020.3.30, the confirmed patients number of global has exceeded 600,000, and the death toll has exceeded 20,000. This is a very scary number. How much do you know about this virus? We will tell you the details.
Virus discovery time
Corona Virus Disease 2019 referred to as “New Coronary Pneumonia” (COVID-19) by the World Health Organization, which refers to pneumonia caused by new type of coronavirus infection in 2019. Since December 2019, some hospitals in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China have successively found multiple cases of unexplained pneumonia with a history of South China seafood market exposure, which have been confirmed as acute respiratory infections caused by new coronavirus infection in 2019. On February 11, 2020, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, Tan Desai, announced in Geneva, Switzerland, that the new coronavirus-infected pneumonia was named “COVID-19”. On March 11, 2020 local time, World Health Organization Director-General Tan Desai announced that according to the assessment, WHO believes that the current new pneumonia epidemic can be called a pandemic.
Virus survival time and transmission
- New coronavirus exists in the human upper respiratory tract in large quantities, so when patients cough or sneeze, they will spray tiny droplets and aerosols into the air and the surface of the object, and the virus may spread. The survival time of the virus in the air and on the surface of the object may directly affect the transmission of the virus, because it takes a long time after the virus particles are discharged from the host to be inhaled by the new host. The new crown virus’s favorite materials are stainless steel and plastic. The virus remains infectious after three days on these materials and may survive longer. This shows that the equipment in the hospital and the boom on the subway are potential vectors of virus transmission. The virus has the shortest survival time on copper, and the virus loses its activity after four hours on the copper. In paper products such as boxes and courier cartons, the virus does not survive for more than 24 hours.
- The coronavirus’s survival time is different in the air at different temperatures and humidity. All viruses can be inactivated at 56 ° C for 30 minutes. At room temperature of about 25 ° C, the virus will quickly lose infectivity. Under normal circumstances, after leaving the human body, neocoronavirus can only survive for 48 hours in a dry environment, and after 2 hours in the air, the activity is significantly reduced. However, the virus can also be transmitted through contact. When the droplets containing the virus settle on the surface of the surrounding objects or the hands are contaminated with the virus, the surfaces of these contacted objects will be contaminated. On these smooth surfaces, if the temperature and humidity are appropriate, such as temperature At 20 ° C and humidity of 40-50%, the new coronavirus may survive five days in vitro.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus infection?
The main manifestations of new coronavirus pneumonia are low fever, low fever, dry cough, and weakness. A small number of patients may have a runny nose, sore throat, sore muscles, increased stool frequency, runny nose, etc. In severe cases, dyspnea and hypoxemia occur more than one week after the onset of illness, and severe cases can quickly progress to acute respiratory distress syndrome. , Shock, metabolic acidosis, coagulopathy, multiple organ failure, etc. Some people with mild infections can show low fever and mild fatigue without the appearance of pneumonia. In addition, some patients are asymptomatic.
How can effective prevention ?
Minimize going out, do not go to crowds, and avoid close contact with anyone with a cold (fever) or flu symptoms;
When going to public places, see medical treatment and taking public transportation, pay attention to wearing surgical masks or N95 masks;
Pay attention to your hands, wash your hands frequently, use laundry detergent or soap, and wash your hands under running water; or use alcohol hand sanitizers;
Do not cover with your hands when sneezing or coughing. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbows or paper towels.
Keep the living room and workplace clean, open windows frequently, and maintain ventilation.
Pay attention to drink plenty of water, rest, exercise and improve immunity; meat, poultry and eggs should be cooked thoroughly before consumption.
The impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on the world
Impact on people
- The severity of the epidemic will lead to strict blockade bans by governments in various countries and regions, and people will be required to rest or work at home;
- Strict blockades will make cross-border movements more difficult, and international exchanges and business flows of people will be greatly restricted;
- People stay at home for a long time, and for women, they will spend more time learning to dress themselves.
Impact on the world economy
The Group of 20 (G20) issued a warning on Sunday that the rapidly spreading new coronavirus poses a serious threat to global economic growth and agreed to take action when the impact of the epidemic has intensified. Kristalina Georgieva, president of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), said in a statement at the summit that this was a human catastrophe and also had a negative economic impact. The severe spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has resulted in a large number of companies being forced to cancel orders and need to work from home. The decrease in job opportunities and the unemployment of a large number of people have exacerbated the adverse impact on the economy.
The impact of the epidemic on the cosmetics industry
- The impact of the epidemic on the cosmetics industry is huge, especially for offline physical stores. The strong control of government departments and people’s fear of the new crown pneumonia virus have caused countless cosmetics offline stores to be suspended. In a short period of time, the demand for cosmetics and skin care products has declined. However, after a period of time, the demand for personal care products will resume through online shopping, and will even show an upward trend.
- People spend more time at home by watching videos online (like YouTube). Women or caregivers will shift more time and attention online. Many small-brand cosmetics or skin care businesses will rise and quickly accumulate a group of loyal customers.
- According to the famous “lipstick effect” theory, after the end of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the cosmetics industry, sales will rebound and increase. “Lipstick effect” refers to an interesting economic phenomenon of lipstick hot sales caused by economic depression, also known as “low-price product preference trend.” In the United States, whenever the economy is in recession, the sales of lipstick will rise linearly. This It is because, in the United States, lipstick is considered to be a relatively cheap luxury product, and people will still have a strong desire to consume under the economic downturn, so they will instead buy cheaper luxury products. Lipstick as a kind of “Cheap non-essential things” can be a “consolation” to consumers, especially when the soft and moist lipstick touches the lips. Furthermore, the economic recession will reduce the spending power of some people Instead, there will be some “little spare money” in the hands, just to buy some “cheap and unnecessary things.”
- The United States ’industrial output value halved from 1929 to 1933, but cosmetics sales increased; the number of workers in the cosmetics industry increased during the economic recession from 1990 to 2001; lipstick sales doubled after the September 11 attacks in 2001. The global economic and financial crisis in 2008 brought a market for “lipsticks”. According to the American media, sales of lipstick and facial masks have begun to rise, and “relaxing consumption” such as hair and massage are also very popular, which is in sharp contrast to the sluggish sales of other commodities and luxury goods.
How to properly purchase cosmetics packaging boxes
Many brand owners or individual sellers gave up their purchases of cosmetic packaging boxes during the coronavirus epidemic. I personally think that this is not a wise choice. As we know, custom packaging is a long process. Negotiate the details (packaging design, price, samples, payment methods, etc.) with the cosmetics packaging manufacturer, production packaging and international shipping. The minimum cycle time is 21 working days. Lost time in the long wait, when the demand for cosmetics is growing rapidly, there will be insufficient supplies. Therefore, during the epidemic, spending a little time every day to communicate with the packaging manufacturer will give sufficient preparation time for the sale of cosmetics.